Silicone (peroxide-cured) Tubing
- Excellent biocompatibility; no leachable additives, DOP, or plasticizers; odorless and nontoxic, fungus resistant.
- No taste imparted to transported fluids.
- Extremely good at low temperatures.
- Weather, ozone, corona, and radiation resistant.
- Minimal tendency to take a set.
- See additional notes in "Silicone Tubing" for differences between platinum- and peroxide-cured silicone tubing formulations.
- Do not use with concentrated solvents, oils, or acids.
- Relatively high gas permeability.
- See additional notes in "Silicone Tubing"
|Organic solvents:||Not recommended|
Physical Characteristics and Composition:
- Thermal set rubber.
- Siloxane polymers and amorphous silica.
- Excellent compression strength.
- Soft material.
- Translucent, clear to light amber.
-60 to 460°F (-51 to 232°C)
- USP Class VI
- FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
cc x mm
(cm2 x sec. x cm Hg
- Clean with hot water/soap solution.
- Use nonoily soap such as IVORY.
- Do not use synthetic detergents or oil-based soaps as they may be absorbed by the tubing and subsequently leach out into the fluid.
- Rinse thoroughly with distilled water.
- Sterilize as described in "Silicone Tubing"
- Ethylene oxide (ETO) sterilization is not recommendedsufficient data are not available regarding complete outgassing of residual ETO and ETO byproducts.