Substrate for Western blotting, ECF™Supplier: Cytiva
RPN5785EA 241 EURRPN5785
Substrate for Western blotting, ECF™
Electrophoresis Reagents Western Blotting Reagents
- A fluorescent substrate for alkaline phosphatase-based detection of protein blots, for use with fluorescence scanning equipment such as Storm instruments (see Storm)
- For use in western blotting, dot, and slot blotting applications
- Sensitivity comparable to chemiluminescence
- The wider dynamic range of fluorescence scanning systems compared with film allows visualization and quantitation of weak and dark bands in the same scan
- Eliminates need for darkroom and film
Alkaline phosphatase dephosphorylates ECF Substrate to produce a fluorescent product, which localizes at the site of catalysis. Product fluoresces at 540 to 560 nm when excited at the appropriate wavelength.
Delivery information: The following reagents are provided, sufficient for detecting 2500 cm² membrane: ECF Substrate, 60 ml, and dilution buffer.