Affinity chromatography columns, HiScreen™ Capto™ BlueSupplier: Cytiva
28-9924-74EA 209 EUR28-9924-74
Affinity chromatography columns, HiScreen™ Capto™ Blue
HiScreen™ Capto™ Blue is prepacked with the base matrix Capto™ to which cibacron blue 3G is covalently bound via a hydrophilic spacer immobilised with a stable amine bond.
- Prepacked with Capto™ Blue
- Excellent for method optimisation and parameter screening due to the 10 cm bed height
- Easily connected in series to achieve 20 cm bed height
- Small bed volume for fast results and minimal sample/buffer consumption
- Reproducible results, scalable to BioProcess columns packed with the same media using the same flow velocity
Capto™ Blue is highly chemically stable and has a more rigid agarose base matrix than Blue Sepharose™ 6 Fast Flow. This allows the use of faster flow rates and larger sample volumes, leading to higher throughput and improved process economy.
The application area is the same as for Blue Sepharose™ Fast Flow (e.g., purification of albumin, enzymes including NAD+ and NADP+, coagulation factors, interferons and related proteins). The main benefit of Capto™ Blue compared to Blue Sepharose™ 6 Fast Flow is its improved chemical stability provided with a new coupling chemistry involving a spacer arm. It tolerates repeated cleaning-in-place and sanitisation at both high and low pH as well as autoclaving. Also the leakage of Cibacron Blue is reduced as compared to Blue Sepharose™ 6 Fast Flow.